If you're searching for cheaper insurance online, are you frustrated by the sheer number of insurance sources that you can choose from? Drivers have such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a challenge to find the best premium rates for Acura TL insurance in Columbia. Lots of people think Columbia has lots to offer, but the high premiums for insurance can make it hard for many drivers to make ends meet.
Astonishing but true, most consumers in South Carolina have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers can save roughly 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
You need to do rate comparisons occasionally since prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Acura TL insurance in Columbia a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding TL insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbia.
Affordable auto insurance in Columbia, SC
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in South Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$234||$414||$348||$20||$104||$1,120||$93|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$330||$644||$460||$28||$138||$1,600||$133|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$322||$706||$348||$20||$104||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices greatly.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Columbia auto insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbia auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on TL insurance in Columbia.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in South Carolina, click this link.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in South Carolina?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Columbia car insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Columbia?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Columbia are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are Columbia exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Wayne Thierrien - State Farm Insurance Agent
9016 Farrow Rd Ste A - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 736-5999 - View Map
- Ashley Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Broad River Rd A - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-0137 - View Map
- Rick Anthony - State Farm Insurance Agent
6226 Bush River Rd b - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 781-9810 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
- Russell-Massey and Company
1320 Elmwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-7854 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Consultative Ins Grp Inc
776 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6969 - View Map
- Theodore and Associates
1700 Laurel St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 799-9979 - View Map
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the ads advertise claims that people will save after switching your auto insurance coverage to their company. That's great but how can every company make almost identical claims? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a driver they prefer may need to be over age 30, owns their home, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured who fits those characteristics gets the lowest premium rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match those criteria will be charged a higher premium and the customer not buying. The ad wording is "drivers who switch" not "all people who quote" save money. That's why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This really drives home the point why drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Compare but don't skimp
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies. Discount Acura TL insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to reduce Acura TL insurance prices online in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Greenville, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Goose Creek, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)