Are you drained from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other South Carolina drivers.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. South Carolina drivers could pocket as much as 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute cheapest price on Acura TSX insurance in Columbia.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. Buying affordable auto insurance in Columbia is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Although South Carolina car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting car insurance coverage on a new TSX is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Columbia. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in South Carolina, click this link.
Compare quotes for Columbia Acura TSX insurance
Most companies make it easy to get pricing from their websites. This process is quite easy as you simply type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system orders credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. The ability to get online rates for Acura TSX insurance in Columbia helps simplify price comparisons, and it's necessary to perform this step if you are searching for a lower rate.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$368||$768||$392||$24||$118||$1,670||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Acura TSX auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Quote Acura TSX Insurance More Affordably
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Bad credit hurts insurance prices - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Acura TSX if you improve your credit rating.
Premiums drop with age - Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Gender and auto insurance premiums - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. They both have fender benders in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Lower premiums for safer vehicles - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Acura TSX scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Being married equates to better costs - Walking down the aisle may save some money on insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Never let your insurance lapse - Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbia?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance quotes from local Columbia insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Columbia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Columbia may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to contact at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbia that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Columbia exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Columbia will have answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How are they compensated?
Why you need quality insurance for your Acura vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TSX in Columbia, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in South Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Acura TSX insurance in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Columbia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information can be read below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)