Are you researching lower-priced auto insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Chrysler Town and Country insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Chrysler and locate the cheapest rates from Columbia insurance agents and online providers.
You need to compare prices yearly because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rate on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Columbia a year ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the proper way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Locating the best rates in Columbia is really not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just need to use the quickest method to buy auto insurance from many companies at once.
Best companies for cheap Chrysler Town and Country insurance in South Carolina
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Columbia, SC. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$140||$226||$328||$20||$98||$812||$68|
|Town and Country Touring||$256||$458||$328||$20||$98||$1,160||$97|
|Town and Country Signature||$256||$436||$328||$20||$98||$1,138||$95|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$292||$512||$350||$20||$106||$1,280||$107|
|Town and Country Limited||$232||$434||$328||$20||$98||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Columbia location which can affect premium rates significantly.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Chrysler Town and Country insurance rates for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheap Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Columbia
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Columbia is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Paperwork-free - Some larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Columbia and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your premiums.
To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
Chrysler Town and Country Insurance Premium Factors
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- What are good liability coverage limits? - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my Chrysler Town and Country covered for smoke damage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in South Carolina?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Columbia who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Columbia, get answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents in Columbia are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the selection process.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Columbia exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Charles Piercy - State Farm Insurance Agent
7626 US-1 - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1200 - View Map
- Trey Webb - State Farm Insurance Agent
111 Sparkleberry Crossing Rd #10 - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 788-9188 - View Map
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Ernie Yarborough Jr
1034 Briargate Cir - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 798-0692 - View Map
- Davis-Garvin Agency Inc
1 Fernandina Ct - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-0060 - View Map
- Midland Agency
22 Office Park Ct - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1312 - View Map
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers in South Carolina can't escape the ads that claim the best auto insurance rates from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your policy.
How does each company offer drivers better rates? Here is the trick they use.
Many companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable insured could possibly be over age 30, has few claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer that fits those parameters gets the lowest premium rates as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who do not fit these standards will be charged a higher rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" will save that much if they switch. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates. Different companies use different criteria so you really need to compare free Columbia auto insurance quotes often. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Frequent quotes can save
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Chrysler Town and Country insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)