Do you want to stop overpaying and find low-cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Columbia? Getting budget-priced Columbia Lincoln MKT insurance quotes may seem to be rather challenging for people not familiar with comparing rates and buying car insurance online. With so many online companies, how are we expected to effectively compare them all to find the lowest rates?
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers in South Carolina have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Get cheap rates on Lincoln MKT insurance in Columbia with these discounts
Some insurers don't list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current MKT insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Columbia auto insurance quotes online.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for premier discount, good payer, utility vehicle, eSmart discount, resident student, and premier plus.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Columbia. To see providers with the best discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
When comparing insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give Columbia MKT insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$318||$592||$502||$30||$150||$1,592||$133|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$174||$314||$362||$22||$108||$980||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Columbia
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lincoln MKT claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Lincoln MKT insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up Lincoln MKT insurance prices for different age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Lincoln MKT Insurance
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates - Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
File insurance claims and pay more - Companies in South Carolina give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Prices can be impacted by your job - Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and accountants have the highest rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Where you live is a factor - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Expect high rates for teens - Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
Loss statistics for a Lincoln MKT - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD||128||133|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD||118||85||138||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Columbia who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Columbia?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Columbia can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
- Ashley Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Broad River Rd A - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-0137 - View Map
- Veronica Isaac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1920 Bull St c - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-6650 - View Map
- Jessica Hogan - State Farm Insurance Agent
4429 Broad River Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 798-5377 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Columbia that are able to give price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brian C Knight Agency LLC
791 Greenlawn Dr Ste 1 - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 776-8668 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ernie Yarborough Jr
1034 Briargate Cir - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 798-0692 - View Map
If you receive good answers to your questions and the cheapest Lincoln MKT insurance in Columbia quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind it's your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don't assume you're contractually obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in South Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your MKT, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Lincoln MKT but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents. The cheapest Lincoln MKT insurance in Columbia can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information is located at these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Simpsonville, SC? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in North Augusta, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)