How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Nissan Armada insurance in Columbia? Finding the cheapest Columbia Nissan Armada insurance quotes can be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners not familiar with comparing prices over the internet. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can you have a chance to compare every company to locate lower car insurance premiums?
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,430, Columbia drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates and save money.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company's rates occasionally since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates on Nissan Armada insurance in Columbia a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don't believe everything you read about Armada insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to find cheap car insurance in Columbia.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Getting quotes for the lowest cost car insurance in Columbia is quite easy. Although South Carolina consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps you find lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Columbia, SC. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Armada SE 2WD||$256||$458||$328||$20||$98||$1,160||$97|
|Armada SE 4WD||$232||$446||$278||$16||$84||$1,056||$88|
|Armada Titanium 2WD||$318||$706||$378||$22||$112||$1,536||$128|
|Armada Titanium 4WD||$270||$482||$298||$18||$90||$1,158||$97|
|Armada Platinum 2WD||$276||$422||$380||$22||$114||$1,214||$101|
|Armada Platinum 4WD||$324||$602||$350||$20||$106||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Armada insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Armada claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Age, gender, and Nissan Armada insurance
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Armada premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Columbia auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders can influence Nissan Armada insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their car insurance company to spy on their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Allstate offers discounts for utility vehicle, anti-theft, resident student, eSmart discount, safe driver, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
If you want affordable Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Columbia. To locate companies with the best discounts in Columbia, click here to view.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Columbia, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan Armada with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local Columbia car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Columbia.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Columbia are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Columbia that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Russell-Massey and Company
1320 Elmwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-7854 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brian C Knight Agency LLC
791 Greenlawn Dr Ste 1 - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 776-8668 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Columbia exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- John Coleman - State Farm Insurance Agent
7360 Garners Ferry Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 783-2100 - View Map
- Charles Piercy - State Farm Insurance Agent
7626 US-1 - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1200 - View Map
- Jimmy Gilbert Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
1303 Assembly St Ste A - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 799-3077 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?