Searching for affordable Columbia Toyota Camry insurance quotes might seem difficult for beginners to comparing rates over the internet. With dozens of online companies, how can Columbia drivers be able to compare every one to find the lowest price?
Unimaginable but true, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Columbia drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't invest the time required to shop around.
Consumers need to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on Toyota Camry insurance in Columbia a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the best way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts you're about to learn. Quoting and buying the most affordable policy in Columbia is not as hard as you may think. But South Carolina consumers do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in South Carolina. The easiest way by far to compare Toyota Camry insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Toyota Camry insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Camry insurance, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbia is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower Your Columbia Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Toyota Camry falls in the sedan class, rates will be about the same when compared to the average rates in Columbia.
Combine policies to earn discounts - Some auto insurance companies provide lower prices to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Rates and your address - Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large South Carolina cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates - Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Toyota Camry claim probability - Insurance companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Camry Vehicles
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't overlook these Toyota Camry insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Columbia Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Onboard Data Collection - Columbia drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Toyota Camry insurance rates in Columbia.
- College Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Columbia and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Sign Online - Certain larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Columbia. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Columbia, follow this link.
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Buying car insurance from Columbia auto insurance agents
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Columbia who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbia?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Columbia?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has their agency been open in Columbia?
If you are wanting to find a local Columbia insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Columbia who may provide you with price quotes.
- Trey Webb - State Farm Insurance Agent
111 Sparkleberry Crossing Rd #10 - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 788-9188 - View Map
- Rick Anthony - State Farm Insurance Agent
6226 Bush River Rd b - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 781-9810 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Columbia independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- KLOSTERMAN INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
10248 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 736-6161 - View Map
- Midland Agency
22 Office Park Ct - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1312 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Chichester Insurance Agency, Inc.
7340 Parklane Rd a - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 786-2224 - View Map
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Toyota Camry insurance car insurance rates in Columbia. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Columbia auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Columbia can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When shopping online for insurance, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)