Searching for more affordable Columbia Hyundai Accent insurance quotes over the internet can appear to be difficult for beginners to comparing rates and buying insurance online. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how can anyone be able to compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. South Carolina insurance shoppers could save themselves approximately $700 a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare rates and save money.
It's a good idea to shop coverage around every six months because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Hyundai Accent insurance in Columbia a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Accent insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some of the best ways to lower your insurance rates in Columbia.
If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to get lower rates using this information. Quoting and comparing the lowest cost protection in Columbia is not as time-consuming as you think. Although South Carolina vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies determine premium rates.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of South Carolina car insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest Hyundai Accent rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Columbia Accent insurance quotes online, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Columbia, SC. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$160||$294||$290||$18||$86||$848||$71|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$200||$450||$278||$16||$84||$1,028||$86|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$574||$398||$24||$118||$1,346||$112|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$264||$602||$290||$18||$86||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can change coverage prices greatly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Hyundai Accent insurance premiums for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Columbia
The information below shows the difference between Hyundai Accent car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Hyundai Accent insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Accent settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
You may qualify for discounts for Hyundai Accent insurance in Columbia
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driving Data Discount - Columbia drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive reduced rates.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and bundled insurance.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, teen driver, theft prevention, early bird, driver training, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Travelers may offer discounts for IntelliDrive, multi-car, home ownership, driver training, student away at school, good student, and payment discounts.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, and defensive driver.
It's a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Columbia.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Columbia car insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Columbia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to companies in Columbia who will give you bids for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Columbia should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
How Insurance Companies Determine Hyundai Accent Insurance Prices
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
What are your deductibles? - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Hyundai. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Hyundai Accent has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Performance affects insurance rates - The type of car or truck you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Because the Hyundai Accent is a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Columbia. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Can a thief steal your car? - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Hyundai Accent statistical loss data - Companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Hyundai Accent Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Accent in Columbia, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Accent, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai Accent but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Hyundai Accent insurance premium rates in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When getting Columbia auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)