Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chrysler 300 in South Carolina can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Chrysler and locate the best price possible from Columbia insurance agents and online providers.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to invest a little time getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in South Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$644||$386||$22||$116||$1,454||$121|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$624||$448||$26||$134||$1,610||$134|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$378||$624||$448||$26||$134||$1,610||$134|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$718||$412||$24||$124||$1,602||$134|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$406||$460||$28||$138||$1,236||$103|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$540||$386||$22||$116||$1,320||$110|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$246||$448||$352||$20||$106||$1,172||$98|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$486||$448||$26||$134||$1,402||$117|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$380||$448||$26||$134||$1,222||$102|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$742||$460||$28||$138||$1,736||$145|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$286||$620||$386||$22||$116||$1,430||$119|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$158||$314||$320||$18||$96||$906||$76|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$720||$448||$26||$134||$1,748||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Columbia location which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler 300 auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the South Carolina minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chrysler 300 replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Columbia 300 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in South Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chrysler 300, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Columbia
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
Lower rates by increasing deductibles - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Married drivers pay less - Having a significant other may save some money compared to being single. It translates into being more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Since the Chrysler 300 is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Columbia. Smaller low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Continuous coverage saves money - Going without insurance is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Frequent insurance claims increase rates - Car insurance companies in South Carolina generally give cheaper rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
How do annual miles impact prices? - The more you drive each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your 300 may be wasting your money. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
Battle of the sexes - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Lower rates come with age - Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Chrysler 300 claim data - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Chrysler 300 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chrysler 300 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 300 2WD||115||103||178||134||136||114|
|Chrysler 300 4WD||109||100||206||113||96||104|
|Chrysler 300 HEMI||125||96||225||105||114||117|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on 300 insurance in Columbia.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current 300 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Columbia car insurance quotes online.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Columbia, follow this link.
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chrysler 300?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in South Carolina?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Columbia who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in South Carolina?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Columbia?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbia?
- If they are an independent agency in Columbia, which companies do they recommend?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference between them since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbia that are able to give price quotes.
- Milton Wright - State Farm Insurance Agent
4015 Forest Dr #104 - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 782-6400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Owens Agency, LLC
6316 St Andrews Rd b - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-0404 - View Map
- Trey Webb - State Farm Insurance Agent
111 Sparkleberry Crossing Rd #10 - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 788-9188 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are Columbia independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Pitts Insurance Team LLC
2640 Gervais St d - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-3501 - View Map
- Giles Insurance Agency
2442 Devine St - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 728-3318 - View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that it's your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full policy term.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can shop for Chrysler 300 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Chrysler 300 insurance in Columbia is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in South Carolina can be read at these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Greenville, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in North Charleston, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)