Do you want low-cost insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Land Rover and find the best price possible from both online companies and Columbia agents.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, use these techniques to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. These tips will familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Discount Columbia auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Columbia may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, business and professional, youthful driver, mature driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, air bags, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Columbia is to understand almost all companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the type of vehicles you drive, if you went to college, what your job is, and if it has an anti-theft system. That information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates immediately.
To get price quotes for your Land Rover Range Rover now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- You might pay more if you are single - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Your occupation and insurance rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like judges, airline pilots, and miners generally have the highest rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other careers such as actors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Multiple policies with one company - Many insurance companies will give discounts to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Cheaper to insure women? - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Premiums drop with age - Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a beginning driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Land Rover Range Rover falls in the standard SUV class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Columbia.
- Land Rover Range Rover claim probability - Insurers use claims history when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Land Rover Range Rover Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Columbia auto insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in South Carolina?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Auto insurance agents in Columbia come in two varieties
When researching a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Columbia are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
- Wayne Thierrien - State Farm Insurance Agent
9016 Farrow Rd Ste A - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 736-5999 - View Map
- James Tanner - State Farm Insurance Agent
1821 Clemson Rd #1 - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 865-7800 - View Map
- Larry Lucas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Gervais St a - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1998 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Consultative Ins Grp Inc
776 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6969 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Pitts Insurance Team LLC
2640 Gervais St d - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-3501 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Spencer Agency LLC
952 Sunset Blvd - West Columbia, SC 29169 - (803) 794-0411 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbia, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Land Rover Range Rover, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbia is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper insurance in Columbia is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, so you need to shop Columbia auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Columbia. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in North Charleston, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spartanburg, SC? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)