Finding low-cost insurance for a Mazda 6 in South Carolina can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Mazda and get the lowest possible price either online or from Columbia insurance agents.
It's important to compare prices once or twice a year since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Mazda 6 insurance in Columbia at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Take policy discounts and save on Mazda 6 insurance in Columbia
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive lower premium rates.
- Columbia Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Columbia may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Columbia.
Ways to get Mazda 6 insurance price quotes in Columbia
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in South Carolina. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$368||$320||$18||$96||$1,006||$84|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$450||$328||$20||$98||$1,126||$94|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$304||$328||$20||$98||$918||$77|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$444||$342||$20||$102||$1,206||$101|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$352||$358||$22||$108||$1,048||$87|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$422||$342||$20||$102||$1,128||$94|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$524||$342||$20||$102||$1,286||$107|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$524||$342||$20||$102||$1,286||$107|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$414||$348||$20||$104||$1,120||$93|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$350||$320||$18||$96||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 6 premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Mazda 6 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered when they drive my Mazda 6?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Mazda 6?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Columbia who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Columbia?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you need to find a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
- Marilyn Wilson - State Farm Insurance Agent
10201 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 788-2884 - View Map
- Ashley Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Broad River Rd A - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-0137 - View Map
- Veronica Isaac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1920 Bull St c - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-6650 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Columbia that can give you rate quotes.
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Turbeville Insurance Agency
2718 Middleburg Dr - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-7666 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
4700 Forest Dr - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 451-0076 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to all your questions as well as cheap 6 insurance quotes, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full policy term.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Mazda 6 insurance in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Columbia can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)