Would you like to save money by finding lower-priced car insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Audi A6 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Audi and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Columbia agents.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Columbia could save an average of $750 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Informed Drivers Save More
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high rates - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Careless driving leads to higher costs - Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Women tend to cost less - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums - Driving more miles annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your A6 may be costing you higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage.
- Stress out and pay more - Careers like judges, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance rates - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Audi A6 is classified as a luxury sedan, insurance will be more compared to average rates in Columbia. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Audi A6 claim data - Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses when determining insurance rates. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the loss history for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A6 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Audi A6 insurance in Columbia utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, the make and model of your vehicles, your education level, and if your license is active. That information is sent automatically to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Columbia.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$366||$682||$342||$20||$102||$1,512||$126|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$420||$358||$22||$108||$1,102||$92|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$468||$328||$20||$98||$1,146||$96|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$798||$386||$22||$116||$1,672||$139|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$286||$622||$378||$22||$112||$1,420||$118|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$314||$668||$304||$18||$92||$1,396||$116|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$356||$320||$18||$96||$964||$80|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$408||$814||$290||$18||$86||$1,616||$135|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$478||$448||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Audi A6 insurance prices for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Audi A6 insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Be skeptical of car insurance ads
Consumers in South Carolina can't ignore all the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads convey the message that you'll save big if you get a free Columbia car insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them.
How does each company charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of a desirable risk may be between the ages of 40 and 55, has few claims, and has great credit. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Columbia and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not fit those criteria will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and the customer not purchasing. The ads state "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully make claims like that.
This really illustrates why you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Audi A6 insurance in Columbia.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Columbia A6 insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is required in South Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi A6 has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Audi A6 insurance in Columbia
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Columbia car insurance quotes online.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles can earn slightly better prices than normal.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
If you want affordable Audi A6 insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Columbia auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Columbia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Columbia who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Giles Insurance Agency
2442 Devine St - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 728-3318 - View Map
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
- Livingston Insurance Agency
100 9th St - West Columbia, SC 29169 - (803) 791-1120 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia willing to provide price quotes.
- Ashley Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Broad River Rd A - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-0137 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
- Gary Williamson - State Farm Insurance Agent
132 Harbison Blvd #100 - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 749-1279 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Columbia?
After getting good responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Affordable coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Discount Audi A6 insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, poor customer service, high prices and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much is South Carolina Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Socastee, SC? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Greer, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)