Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Columbia? Finding the cheapest Columbia Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes online may be overwhelming for people that are relatively new to buying their insurance online. Because there are so many companies competing online, how are we expected to efficiently compare every possible option in order to find cheaper insurance prices?
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Columbia could save themselves approximately 55% a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Get discounts on Columbia car insurance
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current Captiva Sport insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save over 55 - Seniors can get reduced rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century has discounts for defensive driver, early bird, student driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good student.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in South Carolina, click this link.
When comparison shopping, quoting more helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that help determine your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Better rates for continuous coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the South Carolina department of motor vehicles.
- Save money by having high credit - Your credit history can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by repairing your credit.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
- Teen drivers cost more - Young drivers in South Carolina are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a teen driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. More experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can't I compare rates from local Columbia auto insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Columbia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Columbia are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbia willing to provide price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
- Larry Lucas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Gervais St a - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1998 - View Map
- Wayne Thierrien - State Farm Insurance Agent
9016 Farrow Rd Ste A - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 736-5999 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that are able to give price quotes.
- Theodore and Associates
1700 Laurel St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 799-9979 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
4700 Forest Dr - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 451-0076 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ernie Yarborough Jr
1034 Briargate Cir - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 798-0692 - View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Columbia, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Captiva Sport but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Columbia can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not have online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)