Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Audi A4 insurance in Columbia? Trust us when we tell you there are many Columbia consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
A study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in South Carolina being $1,430, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest cost out there.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Columbia can be made easier if you know where to look. Although South Carolina consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
It's important to know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates. Some companies don't provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in South Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$238||$558||$412||$24||$124||$1,356||$113|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$624||$342||$20||$102||$1,420||$118|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$358||$328||$20||$98||$992||$83|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$208||$500||$386||$22||$116||$1,232||$103|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$410||$884||$460||$28||$138||$1,920||$160|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$590||$348||$20||$104||$1,384||$115|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$706||$386||$22||$116||$1,548||$129|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$200||$436||$412||$24||$124||$1,196||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$500||$386||$22||$116||$1,256||$105|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$620||$386||$22||$116||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence coverage rates considerably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Audi A4 insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in South Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Audi A4 and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Slash rates with these nine discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbia car insurance online.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Audi A4 insurance rates in Columbia.
- Paperless Signup - Many companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Distant Student Discount - Children living away from Columbia attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, student driver, air bags, driver training, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and driver's education.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may offer discounts for claim free, multi-car, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Columbia.
Local Columbia auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Columbia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Columbia that give free quotes to get your business. You don't have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
When researching a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Columbia who may provide rate quotes.
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Columbia exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How many years have they been established?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Learn about insurance coverages for an Audi A4
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance - This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your A4 to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Audi A4.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability car insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. South Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Coverage for medical expenses - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, dental work, hospital visits and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
You can find cheaper coverage
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Audi A4 insurance in Columbia can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Columbia, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)