Nobody that owns a car fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in South Carolina could pocket 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Audi A5 insurance in Columbia last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of A5 insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbia.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide information such as level of coverage desired, if you are currently licensed, an estimate of your credit level, and how much you drive. The rating information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$372||$304||$18||$92||$962||$80|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$186||$348||$298||$18||$90||$940||$78|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$838||$328||$20||$98||$1,602||$134|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$798||$328||$20||$98||$1,562||$130|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$428||$290||$18||$86||$1,026||$86|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$232||$566||$386||$22||$116||$1,322||$110|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$322||$668||$348||$20||$104||$1,462||$122|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$420||$328||$20||$98||$1,060||$88|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$408||$814||$342||$20||$102||$1,686||$141|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$452||$1002||$460||$28||$138||$2,080||$173|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$632||$328||$20||$98||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The information below compares Audi A5 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Protect your Audi A5 and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A5 in Columbia, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your A5 has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your Audi A5 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Take policy discounts and save on Audi A5 insurance in Columbia
Car insurance companies don't list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbia auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbia auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can get better auto insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow companies to study driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used A5 can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
Some companies that may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area.
Compare rates but still have a local Columbia insurance agency
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. A good agent in Columbia will have answers to these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbia?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that are able to give price quote information.
Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbia that can give you price quote information.
Shop smart and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Columbia is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Columbia, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Audi A5 insurance in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Goose Creek, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)