Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many choices that it can be a real difficult job to find the best rates for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Columbia. Everyone knows Columbia is a great place to live, but expensive car insurance premiums can make it hard to maintain proper levels of coverage.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in South Carolina being $1,430, drivers can save $750 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
Consumers need to quote other rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best quotes on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Columbia on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Don't believe everything you read about RX 350 insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to slash your car insurance rates in Columbia.
If you have auto insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Finding and buying the cheapest auto insurance in Columbia is not as hard as you think. Nevertheless, South Carolina drivers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Buy Columbia Lexus RX 350 insurance online
When shopping for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Columbia there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from local Columbia auto insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest Lexus RX 350 rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Just keep in mind that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so it's important to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in South Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$198||$372||$394||$24||$118||$1,106||$92|
|RX 350 4WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can change Lexus RX 350 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Lexus RX 350 insurance quotes in Columbia
Some companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Columbia can get you a discount since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate has discounts for teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, senior citizen, and premier plus.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Columbia.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in South Carolina is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Columbia, maintaining insurance is required by state law in South Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Lexus RX 350, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Columbia car insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Columbia that can provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbia?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Columbia for you
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Columbia can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Columbia who may provide you with price quote information.
- Wayne Thierrien - State Farm Insurance Agent
9016 Farrow Rd Ste A - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 736-5999 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Owens Agency, LLC
6316 St Andrews Rd b - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-0404 - View Map
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Columbia that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Russell-Massey and Company
1320 Elmwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-7854 - View Map
- Davis-Garvin Agency Inc
1 Fernandina Ct - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-0060 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Consultative Ins Grp Inc
776 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6969 - View Map