Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in Columbia? Paying for expensive Mazda 2 insurance in Columbia can diminish your budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing rate quotes is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Sadly, most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in South Carolina could pocket as much as $750 a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best price available on Mazda 2 insurance in Columbia.
Consumers need to compare prices before your next renewal since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best premium rates on Mazda 2 insurance in Columbia six months ago you may be paying too much now. Don't believe everything you read about 2 insurance on the internet, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to save money.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Finding the cheapest coverage in Columbia can be much easier if you know how to start. But South Carolina drivers need to have an understanding of how companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Mazda 2 insurance discounts in Columbia
Auto insurance companies don't list every discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Columbia car insurance digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Mazda can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will help lower your premiums.
To locate providers who offer free Mazda 2 insurance quotes in Columbia, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide online Columbia 2 insurance quotes, so you also need to get quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your rates - An insured's credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mazda 2 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Mazda 2 is considered a subcompact, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same or even less than the average rate where you live in Columbia.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot - There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your 2 is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- More traffic equals higher rates - Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
- More policies can equal more savings - Most larger insurers give better rates to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Women pay lower rates - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Columbia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Columbia who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Columbia can be described as either exclusive or independent.
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbia who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance - Clark Farley Ins Agency Inc
8313 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-4211 - View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
Charles Piercy - State Farm Insurance Agent
7626 US-1 - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1200 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though Columbia 2 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in South Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned many ideas to compare Mazda 2 insurance rates in Columbia. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Discount Mazda 2 insurance in Columbia can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)