How many times have you said it's time to compare low-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Columbia? If shopping for Columbia auto insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be confused thanks to the vast number of companies competing for business in Columbia.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Columbia consumers can cut their rates by up to $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
When shopping for low cost Columbia auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many car insurance companies in South Carolina. One of the best ways to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Columbia with discounts
Companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance - Some auto insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver's education, passive restraint, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and distant student.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- USAA offers discounts for good student, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, military installation, vehicle storage, defensive driver, and loyalty savings.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose auto insurance companies with discount rates in South Carolina, click here.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Columbia, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Mirage has a loan, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mitsubishi but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Columbia insurance agency
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Columbia.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below are agents in Columbia willing to provide comparison quotes for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Columbia.
- Insurit Insurance Agency
4001 Edmund Hwy - West Columbia, SC 29170 - (803) 755-0543 - View Map
- Veronica Isaac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1920 Bull St c - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-6650 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Consultative Ins Grp Inc
776 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6969 - View Map
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
Deciding on a insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been open in Columbia?