Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Audi A3 insurance in Columbia? I really doubt anyone anticipates paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers in South Carolina kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the United States could cut their rates by up to $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are already insured, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Columbia is quite easy. Nevertheless, South Carolina car owners do need to understand how companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
How much does Audi A3 insurance in Columbia, South Carolina cost?
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate give price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Audi A3 insurance in Columbia is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their quoting system gets information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Using the web to get rate quotes for Audi A3 insurance in Columbia makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest insurance rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This way, you will be getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in South Carolina. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$326||$768||$460||$28||$138||$1,720||$143|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$184||$414||$358||$22||$108||$1,086||$91|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$276||$422||$448||$26||$134||$1,306||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Audi A3 annual premium costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault claims can impact Audi A3 annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Best reasons to buy insurance in South Carolina
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
It's important that you understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in South Carolina give the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Drive less and get lower premiums - The more miles you rack up on your Audi in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your A3 can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Better drivers pay the best rates - Getting just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Vehicle features that lower premiums - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance rates - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Audi A3 is classified as a sports car, insurance will be much more compared to average rates in Columbia. Low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Audi A3 insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies use data from past claims as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Audi A3 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Audi A3 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A3 4dr 2WD 152 90 109 85 Audi A3 4dr 4WD 147 73 111 80
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi A3 insurance in Columbia
Some insurance providers don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current A3 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive reduced rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, good driver, online quote, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver's education, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in Columbia. If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required South Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Columbia.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Columbia car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Columbia car insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Columbia are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Columbia independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Columbia?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the agent properly licensed in South Carolina?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
You can lower your insurance rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Audi A3 insurance in Columbia is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Charleston, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)