Finding better insurance prices for a Fiat 500 in South Carolina could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Fiat and obtain the lowest price from Columbia insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates as often as possible because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates on Fiat 500 insurance in Columbia six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on 500 insurance online but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to find affordable auto insurance in Columbia.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, use these techniques to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Shopping for cheaper policy in Columbia is not as difficult as people think. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates instantly.
Cheap companies for Fiat 500 insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Columbia
Some companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbia auto insurance online.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in South Carolina, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting coverage, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Columbia.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent properly licensed in South Carolina?
- Will they give you a referral list?
South Carolina drivers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest prices by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads advertise the message that people will save if you get a free Columbia auto insurance quote and switch your policy.
That's great but how can every company give you a lower rate on Fiat 500 insurance in Columbia?
All the different companies quote their best rates for the type of customer that earns them the most money. One example of a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver who matches that profile will get low car insurance rates and will also save when switching.
Potential customers who do not match those criteria will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and the customer not buying. The trick is to say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers should compare as many free Columbia auto insurance quotes as you can. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, bail bonds, medical services, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. South Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your 500 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your 500 to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Fiat 500.
Since many South Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in South Carolina), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like pain medications, surgery, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective Fiat 500 insurance is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Columbia auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Easley, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)