How long has it been since you compared more affordable car insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia buyers have options when searching for affordable Ford Taurus insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Ford and get the cheapest rates either online or from Columbia insurance agents.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Comparing prices online for Ford Taurus insurance in Columbia is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system gets your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors.
Getting online price quotes for Ford Taurus insurance in Columbia makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in South Carolina. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$332||$524||$342||$20||$102||$1,320||$110|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$286||$620||$386||$22||$116||$1,430||$119|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$416||$602||$448||$26||$134||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premium rates substantially.
Ford Taurus insurance rates by age and gender
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Taurus auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Affordable Columbia insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring several vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Columbia car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Taurus insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy premium.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, alternative fuel, pay in full, teen driver, homeowner, multi-car, and distant student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, newly married, new move discount, new graduate, teen driver discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Columbia car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in Columbia. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in South Carolina, follow this link.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Taurus Insurance Rates?
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Tickets inflate rates - Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- How much liability - Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The more you drive your Ford in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Taurus may be costing you higher rates. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the right rating data.
- Females tend to be lower risk - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males have fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - The majority of insurance companies will award discounts to customers that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other Columbia Taurus insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Ford Taurus insurance loss probability - Insurers analyze historical claim data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Taurus vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Taurus Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying auto insurance from Columbia insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Columbia that can provide free Columbia car insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Trevor Wright
1945 Decker Blvd Ste 13 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 661-6690 - View Map
- Kalenia Frederick - State Farm Insurance Agent
4711 Forest Dr #4 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 738-9418 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Glynn Winslow
10014 Two Notch Rd d - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 865-0047 - View Map
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that are able to give rate quotes.
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
4700 Forest Dr - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 451-0076 - View Map
- KLOSTERMAN INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
10248 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 736-6161 - View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Ford Taurus insurance in Columbia is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Columbia, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)