Searching for more competitive Honda Insight insurance in Columbia? Finding cheaper insurance for a Honda Insight in South Carolina can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and get the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes yearly because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rate on Honda Insight insurance in Columbia a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding and comparing the best protection in Columbia is not as difficult as people think. Vehicle owners just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare rates from many companies at once.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in your specific Columbia location which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Honda Insight insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Insight in Columbia, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
South Carolina drivers can't escape the ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Columbia auto insurance quote and switch your policy.
That's great but how can every company save you money on Honda Insight insurance in Columbia? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies require specific criteria for the type of insured that makes them money. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be between 30 and 50, has no claims, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured who matches that profile will most likely get cheap premium rates and will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not meet this stringent profile will be quoted more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great auto insurance rates.
Because of this risk profiling, you need to get as many free Columbia auto insurance quotes as possible. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Insight insurance in Columbia
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some need to be asked for before they will apply. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in high school.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Columbia.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Columbia.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Columbia who will give you bids for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance - Clark Farley Ins Agency Inc
8313 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-4211 - View Map
- KLOSTERMAN INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
10248 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 736-6161 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Pitts Insurance Team LLC
2640 Gervais St d - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-3501 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
- Larry Lucas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Gervais St a - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1998 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Loebs
6911 N Trenholm Rd #3 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-5445 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Doug Kington
3201 N Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1178 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you want so don't assume that you are obligated to any particular company for the entire policy term.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
We've covered a lot of techniques to save on Honda Insight insurance in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)