Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Lexus ES 350 insurance in Columbia? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in South Carolina.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds in South Carolina renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by almost $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy. There is such a variety of insurance companies to choose from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Columbia.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Columbia is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to save money and still have adequate protection. Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine prices.
Minor frequent policy claims are not good - Insurance companies in South Carolina award lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Drivers with good credit save - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus ES 350 by repairing your credit.
Teenage drivers pay more - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers have been known to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Single drivers may pay more - Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Where you live is a factor - Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident. Residents of big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Multi-policy discounts can save money - Most insurers provide lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other Columbia ES 350 insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Loss statistics for a Lexus ES 350 - Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lexus ES 350 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Lexus ES 350 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus ES 350 4dr||126||79||160||91||100||78|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Columbia is to understand all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as if a SR-22 is needed, how much you drive, if you went to college, and how old drivers are. That rating data gets sent immediately to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Columbia.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Columbia garaging location which can modify prices noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can change Lexus ES 350 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below shows how violations and accident claims can increase Lexus ES 350 car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Lexus and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Columbia
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount - Columbia drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you need low cost Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Columbia, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Columbia should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If they are an independent agency in Columbia, which companies do they recommend?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When narrowing the list to find a good Columbia insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. They are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Columbia who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia willing to provide comparison quotes.
Smoak Insurance Agency, Inc.
1534 Leesburg Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 254-4323 - View Map
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lexus ES 350?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in South Carolina?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote often and quote early
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Lexus ES 350 insurance prices in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced insurance in Columbia can be sourced from both online companies and with local Columbia insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Rock Hill, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)