Do you want to save money by finding low-cost Nissan GT-R insurance in Columbia? When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you confused by the crazy number of insurance choices in Columbia? Many other drivers are too. South Carolina vehicle owners have so many options that it can quickly become a challenge to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Columbia is an excellent city in which to live, but high insurance prices can make it hard for many drivers to afford coverage.
It's amazing but a large majority of insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in South Carolina could save roughly 55% every year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's smart to quote other rates periodically since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Nissan GT-R insurance in Columbia a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You'll find a ton of advice on GT-R insurance online, but we're going to give you some proven techniques to slash your insurance rates in Columbia.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Columbia can be made easier if you know where to look. In a nutshell, each driver who needs more affordable car insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, South Carolina vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
How Your GT-R Insurance Rates are Determined
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the things companies use to determine your rates.
Multiple policies with one company - Some insurers provide lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Better rates for being claim-free - Auto insurance companies in South Carolina award the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
The more you drive the more you pay - The higher the miles on your Nissan every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated GT-R may be wasting your money. Double check that your auto insurance policy reflects the right rating data.
Occupation reflects on rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan GT-R - Companies factor in historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Nissan GT-R vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Nissan GT-R Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan GT-R 2dr 4WD||373||82||317|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major car insurance companies give coverage prices online. Getting Nissan GT-R insurance prices online is fairly simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Nissan GT-R insurance in Columbia simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best rate on car insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will get a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in South Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$536||$1350||$392||$24||$118||$2,420||$202|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$416||$1076||$328||$20||$98||$1,938||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can drive up Nissan GT-R annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan GT-R auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Well-known auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies tend to make the same promise that people will save if you get a free Columbia auto insurance quote and switch your auto insurance policy to them. It sounds good, but how can they all have lower policy pricing?
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For instance, this type of insured may be between 25 and 40, owns their home, and drives newer vehicles. Anybody who matches those parameters receives the best car insurance rates in Columbia and will cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who are not a match for the "perfect" profile may be required to pay higher premiums which translates to business going elsewhere. The trick is to say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. That is why drivers should get Columbia auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will provide the lowest Nissan GT-R insurance in Columbia.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan GT-R insurance, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan GT-R and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Columbia insurance discounts for a Nissan GT-R
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbia auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Good Student - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Columbia and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, driver's education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, pay in full, switch companies, business and professional, and early shopping.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for student away at school, air bags, teen driver, multiple vehicles, good student, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, bundle, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-vehicle, new vehicle, family discount, annual mileage, and loyalty savings.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area.
Can't I compare prices from local Columbia car insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Columbia that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Below is a list of insurance companies in Columbia that can give you price quote information for Nissan GT-R insurance in Columbia.
- Claxton Insurance Agency, LLC
9300 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 400-1911 - View Map
- Marion Hanna - State Farm Insurance Agent
1700 Decker Blvd d - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-1104 - View Map
- Chris Spearman - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A16, 7001 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-3800 - View Map
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a company that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just remember it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Some companies don't offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable auto insurance in Columbia is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
People leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Saint Andrews, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Charleston, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)