Are you irritated from robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Dodge every month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in South Carolina.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds in South Carolina have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in the United States could cut their rates by $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rates and save money.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Dodge Ram insurance in Columbia.
It is always a good idea to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Columbia last year there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Ram insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbia.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Locating the best rates in Columbia is really not that difficult. Although South Carolina car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Columbia is to realize most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including the make and model of your vehicles, your job, types of safety features, and how many miles driven. That information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Ram now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in South Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$326||$536||$520||$30||$156||$1,568||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$208||$370||$436||$26||$130||$1,170||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$184||$280||$386||$22||$116||$988||$82|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$324||$610||$466||$28||$140||$1,568||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$178||$274||$394||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$408||$398||$24||$118||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$286||$520||$404||$24||$122||$1,356||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$412||$466||$28||$140||$1,284||$107|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$276||$358||$506||$30||$152||$1,322||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$354||$706||$502||$30||$150||$1,742||$145|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$258||$446||$370||$22||$110||$1,206||$101|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$256||$434||$362||$22||$108||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$336||$574||$398||$24||$118||$1,450||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$288||$532||$370||$22||$110||$1,322||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$318||$612||$404||$24||$122||$1,480||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$158||$274||$362||$22||$108||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$318||$612||$436||$26||$130||$1,522||$127|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$158||$274||$362||$22||$108||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$620||$436||$26||$130||$1,498||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$590||$394||$24||$118||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Columbia
Some companies do not advertise all discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Columbia Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Columbia auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant Student - Older children living away from Columbia attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Online Discount - Certain insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application digitally online.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, military active duty, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, early bird, and good driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Columbia. To view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Columbia, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Columbia insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Columbia who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Columbia?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which family members are covered?
The following is a short list of insurers in Columbia that can give you price quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Columbia.
Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurer that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your coverage at any time so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy indefinitely.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Dodge Ram covered for smoke damage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Columbia, insuring your vehicle is required in South Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. South Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Ram caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Ram to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, hospital visits, dental work and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Ram.
Due to the fact that many South Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (South Carolina limits are 25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, vandalism, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Frequent quotes can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Dodge Ram insurance premium rates in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)