How many years has it been since you compared more affordable Buick LaCrosse insurance in Columbia? Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Columbia could save as much as 55% each year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Vehicle owners have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Columbia.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates quite often since prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Columbia a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the proper way to save on auto insurance.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$340||$524||$380||$22||$114||$1,380||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Columbia garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below examines Buick LaCrosse premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact formula to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Buick LaCrosse settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Males versus Females
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick LaCrosse car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Paperless Signup - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current LaCrosse insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Columbia car insurance online.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut your policy cost.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, good student, new move discount, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and newly married.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for good student, student away at school, mature driver, teen driver, safe vehicle, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
If you need inexpensive Columbia car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Columbia, click here to view.
Components of Your Buick LaCrosse Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
High claims frequency drives up rates - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in South Carolina give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Annual miles is a factor - The more you drive in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your LaCrosse is just wasting money.
Gender as a rate factor - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Lower premiums with alarms and GPS tracking - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
How many coverages with the same company - Most companies will give lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Better rates on safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
Low credit rating equals high prices - Your credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick LaCrosse by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Buick LaCrosse insurance loss data - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Buick LaCrosse Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick LaCrosse 2WD||96||85||93||100||109||92|
|Buick LaCrosse 4WD||101||92||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Columbia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Columbia that can give you free Columbia car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Columbia may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Columbia who may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia willing to provide price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Respected companies like State Farm and Allstate seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to state the claim about savings just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the type of customer that makes them money. One example of a profitable insured could be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" will get a cheap rate quote in Columbia and therefore will save a lot on Columbia Buick LaCrosse insurance if they switch.
Consumers who don't meet these standards will have to pay more expensive rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This really illustrates why you really should compare free Columbia car insurance quotes often. Because you never know the company that will have the best Buick LaCrosse insurance in Columbia.
One last thing about your coverage
You just learned many ideas to reduce Buick LaCrosse insurance premium rates online in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Buick LaCrosse insurance in Columbia can be found both online and with local Columbia insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in South Carolina can be found below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)