Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Ford Fiesta insurance in Columbia? Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used Ford Fiesta in South Carolina can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for your Ford and locate the lowest price from Columbia insurance agents and online providers.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of up to $860 each year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Columbia a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to show you how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how much school you completed, marital status, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they return cost estimate immediately.
To compare lower-cost Ford Fiesta insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help to save on Ford Fiesta insurance in Columbia
Some insurers don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
- Columbia Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Columbia may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, bundle discounts, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, DriveSense, renters, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver's education, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Columbia, click this link.
Local Columbia car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbia?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Columbia who can help you get rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
- Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
- Marion Hanna - State Farm Insurance Agent
1700 Decker Blvd d - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-1104 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Columbia willing to provide rate quotes.
- Turbeville Insurance Agency
2718 Middleburg Dr - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-7666 - View Map
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in South Carolina?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
What Affects Ford Fiesta Insurance Costs?
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Type of car determines base premiums - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Because the Ford Fiesta is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Columbia. Lower cost passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Credit history impacts premium premiums - Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Fiesta by repairing your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit.
Extra coverages can add up - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
Ford Fiesta insurance loss data - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fiesta in Columbia, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Fiesta are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbia is overpaying over $855 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do the work, save more money
You just learned many ideas to reduce Ford Fiesta insurance rates online in Columbia. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Columbia is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
More information is located at the links below
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Goose Creek, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)