How many times have you told yourself to find lower-priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia? Paying cheap coverage rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia might be difficult for drivers new to quoting coverage prices online. With literally dozens of online companies, it can easily turn into a burden to find a cheaper company.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in South Carolina could save as much as $750 every year just by shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to find better coverage on Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia at a better price.
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia is pretty easy as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. After you complete the form, their rating system collects credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to find the cheapest price on auto insurance.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended that you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Columbia, SC. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$136||$316||$444||$26||$132||$1,054||$88|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$156||$372||$444||$26||$132||$1,130||$94|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$226||$514||$386||$22||$116||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Columbia which can increase or decrease premiums significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Odyssey settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia
Companies do not advertise every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a driver safety class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Columbia car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower car insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver's education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, and accident-free.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, age of vehicle, good driver, multi-car, ease of repair, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, pay in full, business and professional, good student, homeowner, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. To view car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in South Carolina, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your business. You never need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Columbia should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbia?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in South Carolina?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Columbia that may be able to provide price quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia.
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
- Theresa Miley - State Farm Insurance Agent
452 W Killian Rd d - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 764-6779 - View Map
- Gary Williamson - State Farm Insurance Agent
132 Harbison Blvd #100 - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 749-1279 - View Map
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is the ISO rating for a Honda Odyssey?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Columbia, insurance is required in South Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Odyssey has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Honda and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, dental work and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (South Carolina limits are 25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
This will pay to fix damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Odyssey to bring the cost down.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, attorney fees, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. South Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Honda Odyssey insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Honda Odyssey insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Columbia is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located at these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Saint Andrews, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)