Think you have overpriced Audi A7 insurance in Columbia? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Amazingly, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in South Carolina kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in the United States could save themselves $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they switched.
With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to find the cheapest insurance company.
It's important to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rate on Audi A7 insurance in Columbia at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Columbia is not that difficult. Essentially each driver who is overpaying for car insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. But South Carolina consumers should learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
There are several ways of comparing rates from different Columbia insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Audi A7 rates consists of shopping online.
It's so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Audi A7 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you need to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Columbia, SC. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insuring your A7 just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A7 insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your A7, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi A7 insurance in Columbia
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Resident Student - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage - Driving less could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include bundle discounts, switch companies, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, DriveSense, and good driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
If you want affordable Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in Columbia. To find auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Columbia, click this link.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- If my Audi A7 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Comparing quotes from local Columbia car insurance agents
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Columbia that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Columbia should know the answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in South Carolina?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Columbia can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you should always compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Columbia that can give you price quote information.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Audi A7.
Due to the fact that many South Carolina drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, vandalism and hitting a bird. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision - Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your A7 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability auto insurance - This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, emergency aid, bail bonds and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. South Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, hospital visits and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheap insurance rates are possible
As you quote Columbia auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Audi A7 insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)