Are you trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Buick Regal insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Buick and obtain the best price possible.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Buick Regal insurance in Columbia at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can find a lot of information about Regal insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbia.
Get cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Columbia with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Columbia auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to study their driving habits remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for anti-theft, annual mileage, ease of repair, location of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, membership and employees, military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
If you need cheaper Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most of the bigger providers allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if your license is active, if you're married, the type of vehicles you drive, and coverage limits. That rating data is then sent to all major companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To find lower cheap Buick Regal insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Informed Drivers Save More
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Obey driving laws and save - Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. People who have severe citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Teen driver insurance rates - Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Buick Regal is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Get hitched and pay less - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more - The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Buick Regal insurance loss probability - Insurers use data from past claims to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation could use an agent's help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Buick Regal is totaled?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required South Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Columbia car insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Columbia that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Columbia
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Columbia who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
- Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
- Veronica Isaac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1920 Bull St c - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-6650 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Columbia willing to provide rate quotes.
- David M Gilston Insurance Agency
455 St Andrews Rd # A2 - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-3122 - View Map
- Sauls Insurance Agency
4064 W Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 256-8983 - View Map
- Davis-Garvin Agency Inc
1 Fernandina Ct - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-0060 - View Map
After receiving positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Why you need car insurance
Even though Columbia Regal insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Regal, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Columbia auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for affordable Columbia auto insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More information is available below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Wade Hampton, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Easley, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Simpsonville, SC? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)