Would you like to find more competitive Porsche 911 insurance in Columbia? Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? It's quite common and you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Consumers in Columbia could pocket as much as 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Drivers have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates for Porsche 911 insurance in Columbia.
We hope to help you learn the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just need to know the most time-saving way to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Porsche 911 insurance in Columbia is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including any included safety features, if the vehicle is leased, what your job is, and driver ages. That rating information is then sent to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Columbia, SC. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$438||$320||$18||$96||$1,062||$89|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$664||$386||$22||$116||$1,490||$124|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$208||$450||$278||$16||$84||$1,036||$86|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$434||$840||$342||$20||$102||$1,738||$145|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$464||$1134||$378||$22||$112||$2,110||$176|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$566||$348||$20||$104||$1,298||$108|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$578||$448||$26||$134||$1,492||$124|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$712||$392||$24||$118||$1,544||$129|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$368||$664||$296||$18||$88||$1,434||$120|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$492||$328||$20||$98||$1,164||$97|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$248||$616||$386||$22||$116||$1,388||$116|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$578||$1260||$348||$20||$104||$2,310||$193|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$664||$386||$22||$116||$1,472||$123|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$458||$1146||$272||$16||$82||$1,974||$165|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Porsche 911 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Porsche 911 auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choosing Porsche 911 insurance is an important decision
Even though Columbia 911 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Check for these eight discounts
Some providers don't necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbia car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paperwork-free - Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Porsche could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Columbia Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Columbia can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better insurance rates.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, good student, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, driver's education, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, multi-car, newly retired, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
If you want cheaper Columbia car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies with significant discounts in Columbia, click here to view.
When to contact an agent
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Columbia.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Columbia can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbia that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Smoak Insurance Agency, Inc.
1534 Leesburg Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 254-4323 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Columbia that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbia?
If you get good responses to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your 911 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your 911 to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Porsche 911.
Due to the fact that many South Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, medical services and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. South Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as surgery, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop around and save
Budget-conscious Porsche 911 insurance can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Columbia car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When you buy Columbia car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is located on the following sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Goose Creek, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)