Would you like to buy low-cost car insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost BMW X3 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your BMW and find the cheapest rates.
It's shocking but a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Columbia consumers can cut their rates by 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because car insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on BMW X3 insurance in Columbia last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbia car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Buy New and Save - Putting coverage on a new X3 can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your BMW could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will lower your premiums.
To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Columbia, click here.
Compare Columbia BMW X3 insurance rate quotes online
All the larger auto insurance companies give insurance quotes on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for BMW X3 insurance in Columbia is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for BMW X3 insurance in Columbia streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to do this in order to get a better rate.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in South Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X3 3.0I xDrive AWD 4-Dr||$186||$348||$352||$20||$106||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change BMW X3 insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in South Carolina?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Can't I compare rates from local Columbia insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Columbia.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Columbia who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Columbia that are able to give price quotes for BMW X3 insurance in Columbia.
- Safeco Insurance
4700 Forest Dr - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 451-0076 - View Map
- David M Gilston Insurance Agency
455 St Andrews Rd # A2 - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-3122 - View Map
- Insurit Insurance Agency
4001 Edmund Hwy - West Columbia, SC 29170 - (803) 755-0543 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brian C Knight Agency LLC
791 Greenlawn Dr Ste 1 - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 776-8668 - View Map
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ideas to compare BMW X3 insurance rates in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Columbia car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)