Are you looking for the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Columbia? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Cruze in South Carolina could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and get the cheapest rates either online or from Columbia insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices before your policy renews because insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Columbia a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to find out the tricks you need to know to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting and comparing cheaper auto insurance policy in Columbia can be fairly easy. Comparison shoppers just have to use the quickest way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
Most companies provide insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Columbia is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price.
Getting online price quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Columbia streamlines rate comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes in order to get cheaper prices.
In order to compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Choosing Cruze insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Columbia, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbia is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Tricks in auto insurance advertising
Consumers in South Carolina get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best prices by Allstate and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise that you can save after switching your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can charge less that you're paying now? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable insured could be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile will get the preferred rates in Columbia and will also save if they switch.
Drivers who fall short of the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because every company is different, drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best prices for your profile.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Columbia
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Columbia Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a discount up to 10%.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy cost.
To see companies offering insurance discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Columbia who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Columbia?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you need to find a local Columbia insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia who can help you get rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
- Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
- Marion Hanna - State Farm Insurance Agent
1700 Decker Blvd d - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-1104 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Columbia who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Safeco Insurance
4700 Forest Dr - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 451-0076 - View Map
- Claxton Insurance Agency
7008 Shakespeare Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 400-1911 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ernie Yarborough Jr
1034 Briargate Cir - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 798-0692 - View Map
After getting good feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage for any reason so never assume you're contractually obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Cruze to commute?
- Is my Chevy Cruze covered for flood damage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare but don't skimp
We covered many ideas to reduce Chevy Cruze insurance rates online in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Much more information about car insurance in South Carolina is available at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)