Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Columbia? Comparison shopping for low cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Columbia may be slightly frustrating for people who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. With more and more online companies, it can easily be a real challenge to find more affordable Honda CR-Z insurance rates.
Regrettably, almost 70% of drivers in South Carolina have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves roughly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Honda CR-Z insurance in Columbia at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Don't believe everything you read about CR-Z insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
Best companies for Honda CR-Z insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - If you file a lot of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in South Carolina generally give most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? - The type of car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Honda CR-Z is a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Columbia. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Marriage equates to better prices - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. People who have multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your employer can affect rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and dentists generally have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as professors, students and retirees get better rates.
- Age of drivers - Young drivers in South Carolina tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a first-time driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Loss probability for a Honda CR-Z - Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used CR-Z can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Education - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, good student, mature driver, multi-car, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, membership and employees, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for safety device, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, paid-in-full, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Columbia. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Columbia, follow this link.
You may need advice from an agent
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Columbia.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Columbia that provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a good Columbia insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Columbia are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance prices, you should always compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Columbia who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Theodore and Associates
1700 Laurel St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 799-9979 - View Map
- KLOSTERMAN INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
10248 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 736-6161 - View Map
- Sauls Insurance Agency
4064 W Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 256-8983 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Columbia exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Amy Masincupp - State Farm Insurance Agent
612 St Andrews Rd #4 - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-5554 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Loebs
6911 N Trenholm Rd #3 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-5445 - View Map
- Theresa Miley - State Farm Insurance Agent
452 W Killian Rd d - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 764-6779 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Columbia?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Once you have positive feedback to your questions and the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Columbia quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
But the ad said I'd save 15% in 15 minutes!
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you change your auto insurance policy to them. But how can every company offer drivers better rates? It's all in the numbers.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of insured that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver that meets those criteria may get the lowest rates in Columbia and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don't qualify for those criteria will be quoted more expensive rates and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. That's why companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should compare many company's car insurance rates. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Cheaper coverage is out there
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Columbia. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Columbia auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)