How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Jeep Compass insurance in Columbia? No normal person loves paying for insurance, especially when they know the prices are way too high.
Sad but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Columbia can cut their rates by $750 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
You have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for Jeep Compass insurance in Columbia.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Jeep Compass insurance in Columbia is to know the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including how much school you completed, the type of vehicles you drive, whether you are single or married, and how much you drive. The data gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To compare lower-cost Jeep Compass insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in South Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$230||$366||$342||$20||$102||$1,060||$88|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$252||$520||$358||$22||$108||$1,260||$105|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$258||$512||$412||$24||$124||$1,330||$111|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$166||$298||$320||$18||$96||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise prices substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Columbia
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Compass car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons to insure your Jeep Compass
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in South Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Jeep gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in South Carolina is overpaying over $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies don't always list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids living away from Columbia attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current Compass insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Columbia is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, location of vehicle, multi-policy, accident-free, multi-car, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, alternative fuel, business and professional, good student, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate may offer discounts for safe driver, FullPay discount, premier discount, auto/life discount, senior citizen, and economy car.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, good student, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Columbia. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in South Carolina, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Columbia car insurance agents?
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Columbia who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Columbia?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbia?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Columbia?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Columbia that may be able to provide price quote information for Jeep Compass insurance in Columbia.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We've covered a lot of techniques to compare Jeep Compass insurance auto insurance rates in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost Jeep Compass insurance in Columbia is definitely available on the web and with local Columbia insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Florence, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)