Are you doing reasearch to find cheaper Kia Forte insurance in Columbia? Have you fallen victim to an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Columbia can save as much as $749 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Because there are so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Kia Forte in Columbia, it can be hard to locate the lowest price insurance company.
It's smart to compare rates yearly because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price on Kia Forte insurance in Columbia last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There are a lot of ways to save on Forte insurance out there, but I'm going to show you some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you're about to read. Although South Carolina consumers do need to know the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
Most companies give pricing directly from their websites. The process doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price. Using the web to get rates for Kia Forte insurance in Columbia makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to perform this step in order to get affordable rates.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Columbia, SC. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$436||$342||$20||$102||$1,194||$100|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$190||$320||$18||$96||$750||$63|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$444||$342||$20||$102||$1,206||$101|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$422||$386||$22||$116||$1,188||$99|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$324||$718||$466||$28||$140||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Columbia location which can impact prices substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Kia Forte insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Columbia auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can influence Kia Forte annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Where to set your deductibles
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Kia Forte yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance in South Carolina serves several purposes
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Columbia, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia Forte but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Some companies don't list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, accident-free, driver's education, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, good student, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including location of vehicle, professional/association, type of vehicle, accident-free, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, switch companies, business and professional, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in your area. To see a list of providers with discount rates in South Carolina, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbia?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Columbia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Columbia who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Columbia for you
When searching for a good Columbia insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Columbia agents are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Columbia should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Once you have received good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Forte from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Forte in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Kia Forte.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (South Carolina limits are 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, attorney fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. South Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We've covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Forte insurance in Columbia. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Columbia car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in North Charleston, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)