How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Columbia? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can overdraw your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing rate quotes can lower your rates and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Columbia consumers can cut their rates by approximately 55% a year, but they feel it's too difficult to compare other rate quotes. Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Columbia last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Lancer insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some good information on how to find affordable insurance in Columbia.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Columbia is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just need to know the best way to get comparison rates instantly.
All the larger insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide prices online. Getting quotes for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Columbia doesn't take much effort because you just enter your coverage information into the form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find affordable prices.
To use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you're receiving rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$196||$428||$444||$26||$132||$1,226||$102|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$330||$676||$460||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Mitsubishi Lancer premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below examines Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the South Carolina minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Mitsubishi Lancer replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some companies do not list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Columbia car insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Columbia car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, good student, accident-free, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurers with significant discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi Lancer insurance, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Mitsubishi and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Car insurance quotes from local Columbia insurance agents
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbia that can provide free Columbia car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbia?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you're trying to find a local Columbia insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can choose from. Columbia agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Columbia exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Rick Anthony - State Farm Insurance Agent
6226 Bush River Rd b - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 781-9810 - View Map
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, it's recommended you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Columbia that are able to give rate quotes.