Do you want more affordable auto insurance rates in Charleston, SC? Charleston buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Nissan Altima insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Charleston agents.
It's smart to do price comparisons as often as possible because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Nissan Altima insurance in Charleston a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the only way to get good coverage on Nissan Altima insurance in Charleston at a lower rate.
Score discounts on Charleston car insurance
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Charleston car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Charleston car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
To locate car insurance companies with the best discounts in Charleston, click here.
Most companies allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Comparing prices online for Nissan Altima insurance in Charleston doesn't take a lot of time as you just enter your required coverages into a form. Once entered, their rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Nissan Altima insurance in Charleston helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will receive comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$330||$352||$20||$106||$1,004||$84|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$422||$448||$26||$134||$1,274||$106|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$340||$524||$448||$26||$134||$1,472||$123|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$406||$520||$30||$156||$1,316||$110|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$518||$320||$18||$96||$1,208||$101|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$286||$740||$436||$26||$130||$1,618||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Charleston location which can decrease or increase premiums greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Nissan Altima auto insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How much liability coverage do I need in South Carolina?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in South Carolina?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Charleston auto insurance agent
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Charleston.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Charleston agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Charleston agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they are different since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to include several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Charleston independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Christian Insurance Agency
1527 Sam Rittenberg Blvd # 204 - Charleston, SC 29407 - (843) 766-1318 - View Map
- Taylor Agency
225 Seven Farms Drive # 101 - Daniel Island, SC 29492 - (843) 881-7822 - View Map
- David M Gilston Insurance Agency
15 Gamecock Ave # A - Charleston, SC 29407 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Charleston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Gail Williamson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1715 Sam Rittenberg Blvd - Charleston, SC 29407 - (843) 769-5000 - View Map
- Urquit Morris - State Farm Insurance Agent
1700 Ashley River Rd - Charleston, SC 29407 - (843) 556-4111 - View Map
- Troy Herndon - State Farm Insurance Agent
1711 Savannah Hwy - Charleston, SC 29407 - (843) 766-5579 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How long have they been in business?
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Charleston can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Charleston, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)