If you are new to getting Columbia auto insurance quotes online, you can be confused thanks to the incredible selection of insurers that all promise the best rates for Cadillac CTS insurance in Columbia.
It's hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Columbia could save an average of almost $750 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
It's important to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Cadillac CTS insurance in Columbia last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to learn the fastest way to find lower rates on insurance.
Most companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get pricing online. This process doesn't take a lot of time because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price determined by many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find affordable insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$144||$322||$328||$20||$98||$912||$76|
|CTS Performance AWD||$232||$550||$444||$26||$132||$1,384||$115|
|CTS Premium AWD||$286||$590||$358||$22||$108||$1,364||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific Columbia garaging location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims impact Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save with these discounts on Cadillac CTS insurance in Columbia
Insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in South Carolina, click here.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Columbia?
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you're contractually obligated to your new company for any length of time.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance Cheaper
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
Your location is a factor - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates.
Safer the car lower the rate - Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Cadillac CTS scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Never allow your car insurance policy to lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department.
Save money by eliminating extra coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Don't abuse car insurance claims - Car insurance companies in South Carolina give better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Higher rates for specific jobs - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like fire fighters, architects and miners tend to have higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Cadillac CTS claim data - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac CTS Models
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD||123||72||118||73|
|Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD||127||75||98||75|
|Cadillac CTS-V 2dr||174||74||135|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right CTS insurance in South Carolina is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac CTS has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Cadillac CTS but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Be persistent to save money
More affordable auto insurance in Columbia is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in these articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Greer, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)