Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive Hyundai Equus insurance in Columbia? I can't think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
A study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in South Carolina renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in the U.S. could save nearly $860 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Columbia.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Columbia is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you are already insured, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. But South Carolina vehicle owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in South Carolina
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Your Equus Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Combine policies and save money - Lots of insurers give better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other Columbia Equus insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Costs may be higher where you live - Residing in a small town is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Equus policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Annual mileage impacts rates - Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Equus may be costing you higher rates.
- Getting married is a bonus - Having a significant other can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs - Credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai Equus by improving your rating.
- Accidents can be expensive - Even one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received multiple violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- How old are your drivers? - Youthful drivers in South Carolina are proven to be more careless when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
- Loss probability for a Hyundai Equus - Companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Hyundai Equus insurance discounts in Columbia
Some insurers don't necessarily list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Resident Student - Kids living away from Columbia attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- American Family discounts include good driver, air bags, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, defensive driving training, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Travelers offers discounts for save driver, multi-policy, early quote, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, military active duty, driver training, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Columbia?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Columbia?
When narrowing the list to find a local Columbia insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Columbia may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that are able to give comparison quotes.
After receiving good feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount if you switch to them. How can each company charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. One example of a desirable insured might be a female over age 40, has never had a claim, and has a short commute. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best auto insurance rates in Columbia as well as cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for those standards will get higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because every company is different, it's extremely important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict the company that will have the best auto insurance rates at this point in time.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for Hyundai Equus insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)