Would you like to buy low-cost Jaguar XJ insurance in Columbia? Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can consume your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Performing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
A recent study showed that most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in South Carolina could save nearly 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched. With vehicle owners having so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Jaguar XJ in Columbia, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost car insurance company.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Getting online quotes for Jaguar XJ insurance in Columbia doesn't take much effort because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Jaguar XJ insurance in Columbia makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the cheapest price on car insurance.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies can provide free quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$772||$328||$20||$98||$1,564||$130|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$528||$448||$26||$134||$1,442||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Jaguar XJ auto insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XJ yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Columbia insurance discounts for a Jaguar XJ
Some insurance providers don't always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- College Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Columbia and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, military active duty, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, group or association, air bags, student away at school, anti-theft, and paid in full.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, claim free, multi-policy, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Columbia car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be offered everywhere.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Columbia who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbia?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
What type of Columbia auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Columbia insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Columbia are either independent or exclusive. Both do a good job, but it's worth mentioning how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Columbia independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Smoak Insurance Agency, Inc.
1534 Leesburg Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 254-4323 - View Map
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Jaguar XJ Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Expect high rates for teens - Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Bad credit hurts insurance rates - Credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Jaguar XJ if you improve your credit rating.
Liability protection preserves assets - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Driving citations inflate premiums - Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to keep their license.
Jaguar XJ claim probability - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Jaguar XJ Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD||254|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD||169||236|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD||210||88||149|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD||238||198|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbia, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar XJ, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Jaguar XJ and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Jaguar gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Jaguar XJ insurance prices in Columbia. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Columbia car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More affordable auto insurance in Columbia can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Columbia car insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)