Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? Believe me when I say you're not the only one.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders in South Carolina kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in America could cut their rates by approximately $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and find the best price available.
You should take the time to check insurance prices as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Columbia a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Columbia is much easier if you know where to start. You only need to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
Companies offering Jeep Cherokee insurance in Columbia
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in South Carolina. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance rates in Columbia
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. But all discounts will lower your policy premium.
To see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in South Carolina, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Columbia who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Columbia?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Ads can be misleading
Consumers in South Carolina constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest auto insurance rates by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads state the claim about saving some big amount if you change to them.
How does every car insurance company have lower policy pricing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might have to be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates in Columbia and will probably save money with a new company.
Consumers who don't meet this stringent profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This really emphasizes why you should get Columbia car insurance quotes from several different companies. It's just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have better auto insurance rates than you're paying now.
Persistence will pay off
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Columbia. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)