Are you searching for low-cost Jeep Liberty insurance in Columbia? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You're in the same situation as most other vehicle owners in South Carolina.
A study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in South Carolina being $1,430, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Having so many different company options, it's nearly impossible to pick a lower cost car insurance company.
When looking for cheaper Columbia auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from many different South Carolina insurance companies. The best method to find cheaper Jeep Liberty rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to all the different insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you require the peace of mind only provided by licensed agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Some companies don't provide online Columbia Liberty insurance quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$198||$376||$386||$22||$116||$1,098||$92|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$226||$362||$320||$18||$96||$1,022||$85|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$180||$282||$460||$28||$138||$1,088||$91|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$214||$294||$342||$20||$102||$972||$81|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$226||$436||$386||$22||$116||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in your specific Columbia location which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below illustrates the difference between Jeep Liberty car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Liberty insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Discount - Columbia drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Jeep Liberty insurance in Columbia.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, membership and employees, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, homeowners, early bird, student driver, defensive driver, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
Comparing quotes from local Columbia car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Columbia that can provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Columbia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbia?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Columbia for you
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Columbia are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Columbia exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Columbia independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
After you get positive responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Who is covered when they drive my Jeep Liberty?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How do Insurers Determine Jeep Liberty Insurance Costs?
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the South Carolina department of motor vehicles.
- Costs are affected by your address - Being located in less populated areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Improve your credit rating and save - Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Jeep Liberty by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jeep Liberty in Columbia, paying for car insurance is required by state law in South Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Liberty has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jeep Liberty but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap rates are available
Cheap Jeep Liberty insurance in Columbia can be bought on the web in addition to many Columbia insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Jeep Liberty insurance prices in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Columbia auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)