Think you have overpriced Land Rover LR4 insurance in Columbia? You're preaching to the choir because many Columbia drivers have buyer's remorse.
It's amazing but almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Columbia consumers can cut their rates by almost $700 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes. Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the best price available on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Columbia.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Columbia can initially seem challenging. Consumers just have to understand the proper way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
Lower-cost Columbia insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage - Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, driver training, federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, home ownership, driver training, payment discounts, and early quote.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, switch companies, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, teen driver, and multi-car.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, paid-in-full, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for type of vehicle, multi-policy, age of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and professional/association.
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To choose providers who offer discounts in South Carolina, click here.
Finding a better price on car insurance is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive around to all the different Columbia insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the extra assistance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$314||$668||$386||$22||$116||$1,506||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Land Rover LR4 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Land Rover LR4 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Males versus Females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Land Rover LR4 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Land Rover LR4 insurance premiums for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Columbia.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Columbia that can give you free Columbia car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurers in Columbia that can give you rate quotes for Land Rover LR4 insurance in Columbia.
Smoak Insurance Agency, Inc.
1534 Leesburg Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 254-4323 - View Map
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Columbia should have no problem answering these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, you may have found an provider that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
Shop smart and save
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Land Rover LR4 insurance rates in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Columbia car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Columbia is available both online and with local Columbia insurance agents, so get free Columbia car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)