Purchasing more affordable Columbia Lincoln MKS insurance quotes on the web can be rather challenging for consumers who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With more and more insurance companies available, how can you possibly compare every auto insurance company to find lower auto insurance premiums?
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in Columbia could save as much as 55% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it's important to compare price estimates from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Columbia, SC. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$590||$328||$20||$98||$1,322||$110|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$428||$378||$22||$112||$1,136||$95|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$622||$378||$22||$112||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premium rates considerably.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbia, buying car insurance is required by state law in South Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your MKS has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Buy Lincoln MKS Insurance for Less
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- No policy lapses saves money - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Stay claim-free and save - Car insurance companies in South Carolina award most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Use one insurance company and save - The majority of companies apply better rates for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Older drivers pay less - Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Lincoln MKS insurance claim data - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD 121 90 140 78 103 Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD 135 89 204 89 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD 139 93 153 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Columbia car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Columbia car insurance online.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Columbia, click this link.
How much insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in South Carolina?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I rate my Lincoln MKS as pleasure use or commute?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Don't I need to talk to an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Columbia.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Columbia who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Columbia agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Columbia agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
- Russell-Massey and Company
1320 Elmwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-7854 - View Map
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Midland Agency
22 Office Park Ct - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-1312 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbia who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Doug Kington
3201 N Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1178 - View Map
- Bill Weathersbee - State Farm Insurance Agent
9440 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 788-7981 - View Map
- Wayne Thierrien - State Farm Insurance Agent
9016 Farrow Rd Ste A - Columbia, SC 29203 - (803) 736-5999 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Columbia?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies. Affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Columbia is available both online in addition to many Columbia insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered many ways to find cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Columbia car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)