Would you like to buy more affordable insurance rates in Mauldin, SC? Do you think you bought an expensive insurance policy? It's a common feeling and there are lots of people in the same boat.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Mauldin could cut their rates by roughly $749 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop around. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices before your policy renews because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best price on insurance a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn one of the best ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Mauldin is easy if you know what you're doing. Vehicle owners just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare rates using one simple form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Mauldin, SC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,030||$515||$86|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$928||$464||$77|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$846||$423||$71|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$968||$484||$81|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Camry SE||$834||$417||$70|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Camry auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Camry replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Cruze book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Mauldin, auto insurance is required in South Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Consumers in South Carolina get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the point about saving some big amount if you change your coverage to them.
How does every car insurance company give you a lower rate on car insurance? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 45, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest prices in Mauldin as well as save a lot on Mauldin car insurance if they switch.
People who are not a match for the "perfect" profile must pay higher rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest car insurance in Mauldin.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in high school.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
To find providers with discount rates in Mauldin, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Mauldin.
Once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Mauldin who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. A good agent in Mauldin will have answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does their agency support local causes in Mauldin?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?
After getting reasonable responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an insurer that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. But remember, you can cancel coverage at any point so never assume you're contractually obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in South Carolina?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on insurance in Mauldin. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
A few companies don't offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheap insurance in Mauldin can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be read below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)