I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is way too high.
Sadly, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in South Carolina could save up to 55% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates for Nissan Quest insurance in Columbia.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Nissan Quest insurance in Columbia a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the right way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Best companies for Nissan Quest insurance
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Columbia Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Claims cost money - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in South Carolina give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Auto insurance rates and age - Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Vehicle options that lower premiums - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Bad drivers pay high premiums - Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one chargeable violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. People who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Males are more aggressive - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Nissan Quest insurance loss data - Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Quest vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Nissan Quest Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many types of discounts on Nissan Quest insurance in Columbia
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbia auto insurance depending on your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Quest insurance in Columbia.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Distant Student - College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Columbia auto insurance online.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle, good student, loyalty savings, multi-policy, family discount, and annual mileage.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- American Family discounts include early bird, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, safety device, anti-theft, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, multi-car, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
If you want cheaper Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To see companies with significant discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in South Carolina?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbia?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
When researching a local Columbia insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Columbia are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Columbia exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you need to include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
Smoak Insurance Agency, Inc.
1534 Leesburg Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 254-4323 - View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent's help.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in South Carolina?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy only the required South Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote more and you will save more
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Columbia is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for Nissan Quest insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Summerville, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)