Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable insurance rates in Anderson, SC? Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Anderson can drain your budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparison shopping can lower your rates and help to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in South Carolina could save themselves approximately $750 a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies.
With people having so many choices, it can be challenging to locate the best insurance company.
Locating the best rates in Anderson is quite easy. Basically, every vehicle owner who quotes auto insurance will find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, South Carolina car owners do need to understand how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most companies make it easy to get prices on the web. Doing online price comparisons is possible for anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. The ability to get online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best rate.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,426||$713||$119|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$920||$460||$77|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$966||$483||$81|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,020||$510||$85|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$928||$464||$77|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$794||$397||$66|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,398||$699||$117|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$968||$484||$81|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,286||$643||$107|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,182||$591||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage rates significantly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Ford Focus insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Tahoe replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in South Carolina is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in South Carolina is wasting up to $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Components of your insurance policy prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Never let your car insurance expire - Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department.
Car and home together may be cheaper - Many insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Being married equates to better premiums - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Marriage means you're less irresponsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Accidents are costly - Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
Lower rate quotes on insurance with these insurance discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Anderson auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare prices but work with a local Anderson insurance agency
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Anderson who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on auto insurance in Anderson. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is available online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is South Carolina Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)