Do you get frustrated by the dozens of insurance companies that you can choose from? You're not alone. You have so many companies available that it can really be a ton of work to find lower insurance rates on Chevy Silverado insurance. If you've ever been there, you know that Charleston is a great place to live, but high insurance prices can make it hard to affordably insure vehicles.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Charleston drivers can save roughly $700 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers should take time to compare prices yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Charleston at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is too much inaccurate information about Silverado insurance on the web, but you can learn the easiest ways to save money.
Cheap auto insurance in Charleston, SC
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Charleston, SC. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$226||$420||$466||$28||$140||$1,280||$107|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$146||$250||$328||$20||$98||$842||$70|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$274||$394||$24||$118||$968||$81|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$284||$520||$394||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$196||$330||$352||$20||$106||$1,004||$84|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$184||$352||$386||$22||$116||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$378||$370||$22||$110||$1,086||$91|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$186||$280||$506||$30||$152||$1,154||$96|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$358||$328||$20||$98||$992||$83|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$514||$394||$24||$118||$1,338||$112|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$158||$322||$358||$22||$108||$968||$81|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$540||$436||$26||$130||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$256||$540||$436||$26||$130||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$258||$532||$328||$20||$98||$1,236||$103|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$518||$362||$22||$108||$1,266||$106|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$486||$412||$24||$124||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$180||$436||$412||$24||$124||$1,176||$98|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$256||$500||$320||$18||$96||$1,190||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Charleston garaging location which can influence premiums substantially.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in South Carolina. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Silverado claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs by gender and age in Charleston
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Charleston car insurance
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a slight reduction on a Charleston car insurance quote.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could qualify for better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To find insurers that offer discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Charleston that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company requires more thought than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If they are an independent agency in Charleston, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Charleston?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How many years have they been established?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Charleston who can help you get rate quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Charleston.
- Larry Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
7741 Dorchester Rd - North Charleston, SC 29418 - (843) 552-2992 - View Map
- Anderson Insurance Associates
3491 Shelby Ray Ct - Charleston, SC 29414 - (843) 763-7525 - View Map
- King Street Agency
557 King Street 2nd Floor - Charleston, SC 29403 - (843) 408-4232 - View Map
- John Acker - State Farm Insurance Agent
630 Skylark Dr o - Charleston, SC 29407 - (843) 203-6855 - View Map
One last thing to lower rates
Cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Charleston is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Charleston agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
We've covered many tips how you can compare Chevy Silverado insurance car insurance rates in Charleston. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Charleston car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, high prices and unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)