Did a good deal turn into an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in America can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With consumers having so many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Nissan Maxima in Columbia, it can be challenging to pick the right car insurance company.
It's important to price shop coverage occasionally since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rate on Nissan Maxima insurance in Columbia last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Columbia is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. But South Carolina vehicle owners do need to learn how companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give insurance quotes online. Getting quotes for Nissan Maxima insurance in Columbia is possible for anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want on the page. When complete, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$322||$514||$348||$20||$104||$1,308||$109|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$232||$476||$386||$22||$116||$1,232||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in Columbia location which can modify rates substantially.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below examines Nissan Maxima annual premium costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Maxima settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Maxima auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Maxima insurance in Columbia
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Maxima insurance in Columbia.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it's just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
Companies that may include most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want cheaper Columbia auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Columbia. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Nissan Maxima insurance quotes in South Carolina, click here.
The Nissan Maxima Insurance Premium Equation
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost substantially. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Liability insurance - Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- File claims and pay more - Insurance companies in South Carolina provide the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- More policies can equal more savings - Most insurance companies will award discounts for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Youthful drivers cost more - Teen drivers in South Carolina are statistically proven to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a young driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Low credit rating equals high prices - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Maxima if you improve your credit rating.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Columbia insurance agency
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Columbia who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you need to find a good Columbia insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to contact independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Columbia independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have received reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the companies advertise claims that you'll save big if you switch your policy. That's great but how can every company say the same thing? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers offer their best rates for the type of customer that earns them a profit. One example of this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Anyone who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Columbia as well as save if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria may be forced to pay more expensive rates which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great prices. This really emphasizes why you really should get as many free Columbia auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Nissan Maxima insurance rates in Columbia. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious Nissan Maxima insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in South Carolina can be read at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Simpsonville, SC? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much is South Carolina Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Retired Military in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)