Shopping for the most affordable Columbia Dodge Avenger insurance quotes over the internet can be impossible for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how can people have time to compare each option to find the best price?
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. The average driver in America could save themselves nearly 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Shopping for cheaper car insurance coverage in Columbia is not as hard as you may think. But South Carolina car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance cost in Columbia
Most of the larger companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Columbia is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Columbia makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this if you want to get the best possible rates on car insurance.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will have a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can modify prices considerably.
Dodge Avenger liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Avenger book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Dodge Avenger insurance costs by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Dodge Avenger car insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three good reasons to insure your Dodge vehicle
Even though Columbia Avenger insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Stay claim-free and lower prices - If you file a lot of claims don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in South Carolina award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Credit rating impacts premium costs - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Avenger if you clean up your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with worse credit.
The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your costs - The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Dodge Avenger falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Columbia.
Stress out and pay more - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, business owners and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, historians and performers get better rates.
Safer vehicles means lower rates - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance rates for married couples - Being married can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Verify you're earning every discount
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Columbia can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some insurance companies give lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, continuous insurance, home ownership, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, defensive driver, teen driver, theft prevention, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, driver's education, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, military active duty, federal employee, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose companies who offer discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Columbia auto insurance agents?
Many people just want to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Columbia that can provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Columbia should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbia who can help you get price quote information.
- Chris Spearman - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A16, 7001 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-3800 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Trevor Wright
1945 Decker Blvd Ste 13 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 661-6690 - View Map
- John Coleman - State Farm Insurance Agent
7360 Garners Ferry Rd - Columbia, SC 29209 - (803) 783-2100 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you rate quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
- Russell-Massey and Company
1320 Elmwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-7854 - View Map
- Theodore and Associates
1700 Laurel St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 799-9979 - View Map
In the end, you can save money
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance in Columbia is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Rock Hill, South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)